What is the most trusted brand in the United States?
If you guessed Coca-Cola or Nike or Procter & Gamble or Apple, you’d be close.
A company that is less than 2 decades old (it first hit the Internet in July 1995) has managed to build greater brand loyalty and trust than anyone else.
Unlike many of the other top trusted brands, they managed to build trust with virtually no “traditional” marketing.
- Have you been inundated by their TV commercials? (they only have a few)
- Did they send you a catalog with your last order?
- Direct-Mail postcard on your birthday?
- Is your inbox inundated with pithy blogs from them?
What’s their secret?
Amazon.com is widely regarded as the most thoroughly tested website in the world.
Every button, every call to action, every step in the shopping cart, every suggestion and every screen you’ve seen on Amazon has been tested and re-tested and are again being tested as you read this. They never stop. They’re always learning.
What are they learning? What their customers want.
That was kind of anti-climactic, huh? Their big secret to success is they just watch what their customers do and respond.
How can building trust through Internet testing help your business?
Well in 1995 when Amazon got started, they were cutting edge with this approach to business. So they sky-rocketed ahead of their competition and haven’t looked back.
This is now 2012.
Online testing and optimization is no longer the expensive, unexplored area it was 15 years ago.
It now can be done for small businesses for as little as $150/month.
Internet testing designed to deliver exactly what your customer wants, may be the most powerful way to increase your leads while strengthening your brand.
After all, it’s not about the Internet or fancy websites…
It’s about YOUR customers and how you can best respond to their needs.
You don’t just need a website. You need results.
How we can help your business
Our approach comes down to 3 core pieces.
- Where are you getting Traffic?
- How are you Converting it to leads?
- How are you Following-up with visitors not-yet-ready-to-buy?
To help you with those we do the following:
- For Traffic -
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) services in the form of Google Adwords, Facebook Ads and other networks
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – focused on your local market based on what we learn from SEM
- Online Directory review – we let you know which directories you’re in and which you’re not so you can get them updated.
- For Conversion – We can often either take over your existing site or create a new web presence for you.
- Onsite testing and optimization. Our goal is to take your conversion rate from the average around 3% to closer to our best sites around 8%. That’s more than twice as many leads for the same number of visitors.
- Targeted landing pages related to online or offline marketing campaigns.
- For Follow-up – Not all visitors are ready to buy today. That doesn’t mean they won’t be ready next month, so you better be there.
- Email marketing campaigns are the best way to stay in touch with your target market. As a matter of fact, 77% of consumers prefer retailers to communicate with them via email. Direct mail is second at 9%.
How do we integrate with other marketing?
You are not Amazon.com.
Your market is different. Your customer’s are different. Your level of service is different. Your competition are different.
Rarely will you be able to rely on your website alone to grow your business. You need other more traditional forms of marketing.
Integrating with those other forms of marketing is where we really shine because we take the lessons we can learn cheaply and efficiently online, and help you integrate those offline by working with your ad agency.
In other words, what works in a Google Ad will most likely work on a direct-mail postcard campaign.
Testing with your Internet marketing has it’s appropriate place within your overall Marketing RoadMap and, when done well, can make all of your marketing more effective. After all, studies done by Marketing Sherpa have indicated that up to 67% of a website’s traffic can be driven by TV ads so all of your marketing needs to work together.
With that in mind, we are not an ad agency and we don’t do creative for TV, Radio, or direct mail. Everything we do is online.
Our single, hyper-focus is online lead generation for service businesses and it’s that focus that allows us to deliver the best results. As one client likes to say, we’re like adding a turbocharger to all of your marketing.